Tuesday 21 October 2014

Sebastian Paszek - Photographer 3

Sebastian Paszek is a fashion photographer originally from Poland. When Paszek was in Poland he was a commercial photographer, however he found himself to be fascinated with fashion photography, with this fascination he moved to London to practice fashion photography, which he then begun to incorporate beauty photography. He now permanently lives in London and owns his own studio in order to continue to practice and create his work. I picked this photographer because I feel that his work is something I could use to influence my work and something I could build ideas off of.

 In this picture Sebastian Paszek has used both make up and props to create this beauty photography. I like the way that the flowers colours matches the lip gloss colour, and the back drop also seems the same colour as it creates a running them of colour. I like how makeup has also been used to create a smoothness on the face making it seem like subtle beauty, how a flower is. I like the arrangement of this image and how the back drop is shown as it displays another colour that matches.

This image has influenced me to consider matching colour for a shoot to produce a nice effect which can show consideration for shoots. This image has also influenced me to consider coinciding colours as I think they work really nice together and seem very precise.

 In this picture Paszek has used make up and media make up to produce a tie around the mouth which seems to be quite life like. I like how the backdrop is white and the model is quite fair as it makes the black paint on her face stand out that much more. I also like how part of her face is not shown as it agains draws more attention to the paint on her face. I like the detail of the paint and how it is so detailed that it looks real.

This photo has influenced me to take more detail in my personal project as I now know it can come across very realistic. This photo has also influenced me to think more outside of the box and not to just copy face paint that has already been done, and to in fact inver my own like this photographer has.


In this image Paszek has done what seems to be spray painted a face so it comes across glittery and them has added glitter to lips in a different shade, I think these shades work really well together as it breaks the image up because there is a lot of dark colouring. This also goes for the silver accessory, it breaks the picture up making it less monotone. The black back drop also makes the silver stand out as it hits against it.

This photo has influenced me to consider colours that bring each other out in my project to make the picture as a whole stand out. This photo has also influenced me to consider materials on the face to make things stand out or a colour to stand out as I think it creates a nice texture and breaks up the image in more of an obvious way as opposed to just colour.


In this image Paszek has used the idea of peeling off the skin and I really like this idea and i had thought about it before I even saw this image. I like the use of the white background as to me it symbolises purity, which is enforced through the peeling back of skin. You can also see that it is someone else's hand peeling off the skin which to me says how someone else can uncover you and find out the real you, demonstrating intimacy.

This picture has influenced me to consider a deeper meaning to my photographs to produce a better photo that can create questions for its audience. This picture has also influence me to use males within my project as never before have I used men and I think they can break up the project a bit and bring a bit of contrast as beauty is often just associated with women.

Overall I really like this photographer because I think he uses quite outlandish and different ideas which I think could influence me in my own work or in some form I could try and form my own version of his shoots, changing it slightly. I also think this photographer has very broad ideas which is quite good as many photographers stick to one project and all their work is very similar, however this photographers work is cry different within every shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment